Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Vagabond Song

Written early 2009. Chemineau thoughts.

I am a vagabond.
I belong to another place--a far country.
My soul is not tied to this rock.
My heart is free of cares in this world.
My life is bigger than the confines of the planet.
I am anti-gravity.

I go about in rags, wandering, destitue--looking for my home.
I am an alien. I am a stranger.
My eyes are constantly seeking, seeking the Great City.
I live in the Wait. I carry the Ache.

I am a whisper. I am a vapor. I am a phantom.
I am the breath of eternity. I ride upon the wind.
My heart is fixed on the journey.
I am pressing on toward Zion.

I am confident in the world unseen.
I rest assured in the reality of an invisible Kingdom.
My senses cannot confine me.

Write it across my brow: just passing through.
I freely admit, I do not belong here.
My longing is for another place.
My deepest affections are for another Master.
My aim is for another goal.

I am a traveler. Pilgrim. Vagabond.

----------------------------------------------

[Reprise]

I live in the Wait. I carry the Ache.

Looking...
Past the veil.
The beautiful unseen.
The glorious mystery.

Crying, "Come!"

Heart unfettered.
Anti-gravity.

Traveler.

Asking. Seeking. Knocking.

Desperate to behold.

Possessing no alternatives.
Willing one thing.

One great obsession:
Only Him.